Six Lessons we can learn from the book, “The Alchemist”

09:06



Last month I went to my uncle’s house where his son who was doing CA Final (Chartered Accountant)  was fond of books especially books on leadership. We were talking about Indian culture, journey of an entrepreneur and some random subjects. In the middle of this discussion he suggested me to read a book titled “An Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho, world renowned Brazilian storyteller, a magical story about following your dream.
Being an entrepreneur, my inner urge forced me to read this book to get more ideas.

I love books because they’re my silent companions.
Frankly, all I can say about myself is, I am good at collecting books, rather than reading all of them. I have collected as many books as I can but only completed very few of them. I wish I could read all of them but sometimes I end up completing the book in snatches.

So, finally I started reading this interesting book, It was a story about a boy who wanted to become a shepherd as he loved to travel far and wide to learn the language of the world and he was in a pursuit of finding his destiny.

Here are the few lessons I have learned from this book:

  1. When you really want something, the universe always conspires in your favor.
  2. Learn to make your own decision.
  3. The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to deviate from your goals and purpose. There must be a perfect balance between your concentration (goals, etc…) and observation (things around you).
  4. Courage is the most essential quality to pursue your dreams.
  5. Listen to your heart and choose a right approach is very essential.
  6. Any journey in life, be it professional or entrepreneurial is not that easy, it is beset with challenges, one should know how to judge the challenges ahead of you, in order to do that you should have strong heart and belief.

I can also remember my dad’s advice regarding choosing right strategy or approach.

You cannot expect a man to cross the Bad Lands of South Dakota using prairie schooner

This book kindled my inner spirit and energy to follow and chase my dreams and I loved this book very much and it’s is a blessing in disguise and When I read this book I felt as if I was wandering along with the shepherd in the Egyptian desert.  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Ramakrishna,

    I don't have habit of collecting or reading books but I like to read inspiring books. Your post is tempting me to read this book.

    I have a suggestion for you regarding this blog post. Please add bullets or number the lessons, it will look more presentable.

    Hope to see more such post here.

    Regards,
    Fatima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for reading this article and It is a must read book and it will help you follow your dreams and find your destiny.


    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images